- This site was assembled with the aim of providing a collection of wildlife and nature photographs illustrating the diversity of life in all it’s aspects. High quality images are available for purchase as prints, for web-pages or for publication, as long as they abide the conditions outlined here. Visitors who show a general interest in biodiversity, someone looking for specific ground beetle or bird pictures, or every-one who simply enjoys viewing nature images is welcome to browse the galleries.
- For the use of an image, please send me a mail at the following address: email@example.com or just click here.
- All photographs on this site are copyright protected and are the sole legal property of Bernard Van Elegem (only the pictures on the ‘About Me’ page are an exception to this). This means that the images may not be used in any way without the express, written permission. This includes downloading images or copying of material without commercial intentions. Please take into account that copyright violators can be prosecuted.
- I stay the owner of the copyright of the images in any case, irrespective of the specific conditions of use.
- Every publication of a photograph has to be accompanied by my name as the author, which is ‘Bernard Van Elegem’. By preference this is next to the individual image, or in the article, or in the colophon. In case you would like to differ from this, please contact me first.
- The conditions for non commercial use are very flexible. It is my goal to contribute to a better knowledge of species recognition, nature conservation and the public awareness of biodiversity and nature value. For non-commercial use contributing to these aspects, some images can be used for free or can be obtained with severe price-reduction, but not before contacting me first and receiving an official agreement for this.
- For commercial use of the images, the price depends on the type of medium or publication, circulation, the required size of the image, the type of rights required, and the total quantity of photos licensed. Every reasonable proposal will be investigated.
- Pictures can only be used under the agreed conditions and type of rights. The standard use of a picture is a non-exclusive and one time use of the picture. In case a picture wants to be re-used, permission has to be asked again. Every use differing form this standard use, has to be explicitly asked for in the demand, and will be investigated.
- Once one has obtained permission for the use of a picture, it can not be modified without permission of the author. This means that severe modifications, such as reframing, cropping, modifying the colours, ... are not allowed. If there would be any need for doing so, please contact me first.
- Serious efforts are made to determine most of the species and taxonomic specialists are regularly consulted. However, I can not be held responsible for problems due to incorrect determination of species.
Bernard Van Elegem, 05/03/2012